2014. február 28., péntek

Introduction: a portrait

Welcome Dear Reader! My name is Lorant Csige, and I would like to present my research work which is supported (and financed) by European Union and the State of Hungary, co-financed by the European Social Fund in the framework of TÁMOP-4.2.4.A/ 2-11/1-2012-0001 ‘National Excellence Program’. First, let's start with a short introduction.
I graduated at the University of Debrecen as a Master of Science in Physics in 2004. I had my first contact to nuclear physics in the 4th year of my studies, when I started to work on a student project at the Institute of Nuclear Research of the Hungarian Academy of Sciences (MTA Atomki). My main research interest is the nuclear fission process, and the structure of nuclear states having extreme deformation. I use particle accelerators for the production of such states and to induce fission, and quite some time I have to design, contruct, and build particle detectors and other devices "with my bare hands".

From 2004 to 2009 I was a PhD student at MTA Atomki. I defended my theses in 2009 with the best, summa cum laude qualification. In January 2009 I left Hungary, and the alma mater to be a post-doc at the Ludwig Maximilians University in Munich, Germany. I spent 4 years here, and after another one year at the Max-Plack Institute of Quantum Optics (where I was a research fellow), I came back to Hungary in 2013 with the help of the above mentioned research grant.

Nincsenek megjegyzések:

Megjegyzés küldése